Alex’ Projects ► Little Navmap
Version 1.6.3 Features
- Little Navmap is a free open source flight planner, navigation tool, moving map, airport search and airport information system.
- Supported platforms: Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux and macOS.
- Support for Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator - Steam Edition, Prepar3D v2, v3, v4 and X-Plane 11.
- All is based purely on flight simulator stock or add-on data, no third party data needed. All stock and add-on airports are loaded in a few minutes. Navigation database updates by fsAerodata and FSX/P3D Navaids update are supported. Support for X-Plane navdata updates.
- FSX or Prepar3D airspaces can be copied into the X-Plane database.
- Uses X-Plane stock and updated navdata for approach, SID and STAR procedures including transitions.
- It features a detail rich navigation map that partially uses symbols from real VFR maps thus transporting a large amount of information. Multiple offline maps, online map themes (OpenStreetMap, OpenTopoMap, OpenMapSurfer and more) and two map projections are available. Several map themes provide hill shading.
- The map shows user and AI aircraft as well as ships, airports, airport maps (runway details, overrun areas, displaced thresholds, taxiways and more), VOR, VORTAC, TACAN, NDB, ILS, waypoints, airways, airspaces, approach and departure procedures and more. Plenty of information is available in tooltips or information windows for each map object.
- Flight plans and flight plan fragments can be loaded, saved and merged all using the common Flight Simulator PLN files as well as X-Plane FMS and FLP files.
- Additionally flight plans can be exported to the GFP format used by the Flight1 GTN 650/750. More export formats are GPX (GPS Exchange Format, including flown track) and PMDG RTE. FS9 PLN can be imported.
- Drag and drop flight plan editing functionality on the map allows to easily create and edit plans.
- Several fast automatic flight plan calculation modes are available to create plans following airways or simply from radio navaid to radio navaid within a split second. No online service is needed for flight plan calculation.
- Option to calculate flight plan fragments between any two waypoints of a present flight plan.
- Flight plan route descriptions can be read which allows to convert flight plans from and to ATS routes as can be retrieved from the various online services like RouteFinder. This includes SIDs, STARs and information for cruise speed and altitude.
- A profile window shows the ground elevation along the flight plan including the minimum safe altitude for the whole plan or each segment.
- The map and flight plans including all related information at departure and destination can be printed.
- A fast airport and navaid search allows to look for objects by an unimaginable amount of options also featuring a spatial search.
- Information windows display numerous details about airports, runways, COM frequencies, approach and departure procedures, navaids, the user aircraft, AI or multiplayer aircraft as well as ships, decoded weather from multiple sources like X-Plane, AS16, Active Sky Next, Active Sky for Prepare3D v4, NOAA and Vatsim.
- The map display and the measurement units (nautical, metric, imperial) can be customized by the user.
- All settings, search parameters, current flight plan, map positions and much more are saved between sessions.
- Little Navmap can connect directly to the flight simulator, the Little Xpconnect X-Plane plugin and can also be run stand-alone or in networked configuration.
- An automatic reconnect option makes the start order of programs irrelevant. Running a networked setup needs the included Little Navconnect program which eases setup across two or more computers.
- The program does not consume a lot of resources and can be run on low end computers.
- Help is available online (can be downloaded as PDF, ePub or Mobi). A PDF file with the complete manual is included with the program. Help buttons in dialogs link to corresponding online help chapter.
- The program can check for updates on three different channels (stable, beta and develop) and will show a notification if a new version is available. Configurable in options dialog.
FSX and Prepar3D only: Note that VORTAC, TACAN, SID and STAR need a navdata update by fsAerodata.