► Windows 64-bit (MSFS and X-Plane) - LittleNavmap-win64-2.8.3.beta.zip
► macOS - LittleNavmap-macOS-2.8.3.beta.zip
► Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 22.04) - LittleNavmap-linux-22.04-2.8.3.beta.tar.gz
Alternative Download Locations - Look into sub-folders for beta or development releases:
► Box / Dropbox / Mega.nz / OneDrive
► Windows 32-bit (only for FSX and P3D) - LittleNavmap-win32-2.8.3.beta.zip
► Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 20.04) - LittleNavmap-linux-20.04-2.8.3.beta.tar.gz
This is a public beta release which is feature complete but might have small issues.
This version is ready for MSFS SU11 and for the X-Plane 12 beta. See known issues below for MSFS.
Draft user manual available here: Little Navmap - User Manual.
See here for user manual downloads: User Manuals - Beta Releases.
This changelog also explains new or moved/changed features. First look here if anything is not clear or missing.
X-Plane users: In any case reinstall Little Xpconnect from this package. Otherwise fuel flow calculation or other functions might not work correctly in Little Navmap.
Little Navmap probably reminds you to reload scenery library databases after updating. Please do so to benefit from new features and bug fixes.
To try out the program: Use one of the scripts
Little Navmap Portable.cmd (Windows),
Little Navmap Portable.command (macOS) and
Little Navmap Portable.sh (Linux) to let
Little Navmap store all settings, databases and caches in the installation folder (portable mode).
Note that certain settings and table layouts are reset to default after updating. Some features like MSA, vertical paths or en-route holdings require either X-Plane, the included AIRAC 1801 database or a Navigraph database newer or equal than AIRAC 2201.
See here for a list of issues done. More issues are solved than publicly known on Github. This changelog lists the most important. Please report if something does not work or does not work as expected.
A big thank you to all who reported bugs and issues!
Known Issues MSFS
- Active pause in MSFS breaks the connection and does not allow to reconnect. Use the Escape key for normal pause to avoid problems.
- Some third-party plugins like traffic add-ons might cause connection issues when used together with Little Navmap and MSFS.
- The autoconnect function of Little Navmap does not work reliably with MSFS. Connect manually after starting your flight if you see problems.
- Little Navconnect can have the same issues as Little Navmap since it always uses autoconnect. Start the simulator first and then Little Navconnect.
Other Known Issues
- Running Little Navmap with autoconnect for P3D, FSX or MSFS for several hours without starting the simulator leaks a small amount of resources. This is mitigated by reducing the connection rate automatically after 30 minutes. Disable autoconnect or quit the program to avoid this.
- En-route holding courses were not correct due to an error in declination calculation. This was fixed with AIRAC cycle 2210.
Changes from 2.8.2.beta to 2.8.3.beta
Flight Plan Export
- Fixed duplicate waypoints in some formats like FMS 3 with departure or destination runway selected.
- Fixed dot in GFP export separating waypoints wrongly.
- Waypoints resulting from departure and runway selection (extended runway center line and other points) are now omitted in all export formats for complex aircraft and third-party Garmin units to avoid issues when loading. Use the aircraft FMS or MCDU to select a departure or approach runway.
- Better alignment for ILS feathers with runway due to rounding errors. This does not affect offset ILS.
- Fixed issue where ILS heading was offset after switching scenery library databases.
- Optimizations for ILS display. Now omitting details and alignment on higher zoom levels.
- MSA, holdings and MORA grid are now shown when using MSFS and scenery library mode
Do not use Navigraph Database. Buttons and menu items in
Viewwere previously disabled.
- Fixed on-ground indication for MSFS user aircraft (gray icon border now restored on ground).
- Fixed issues where merge aircraft performance dialog window showed the example profile values.
- Omitting warning message about wrong aircraft type now when using new example performance profile.
- Fix for X-Plane 12 METAR file name changes. Made file selection more tolerant and applied optimizations for faster reading. #950
- Added delayed loading for information display to avoid freezes when loading X-Plane METAR files. Added wait pointer when loading X-Plane METAR files. Optimizations for loading.
- Added hours and colored warning for more than 3 (orange) and more than 6 hour (red) old METAR reports in airport tab, airport tooltip and airport weather tab.
- Fixed issue where flight plan was centered on startup despite using
On startup show on map->
Home positionon options page
Startup and Updates.
- Changed X-Plane FMS export menu item for X-Plane 12 to avoid misunderstandings. #949
- Fixed program freeze when trying to load user airspaces with an empty path or an empty list of file extensions.
- Updated program translations: Brazilian Portuguese by Ricardo, French by Patrick, Italian by Flavio and German.
Command Line and Portable Mode
- Added option
--log-pathto put log files into a separate folder.
- Adapted portable scripts to store log files into folder
Little Navmap Logs.
- Fixes for overriding log and settings paths when using portable mode scripts. Paths and files are now correctly referenced and shown in about dialog and tools menu.
- Corrected wrong settings file name from
little_navmap.iniwhen using portable mode. Rename the file to restore your settings if using portable mode.
- User manual updated.
- Now automatically using HTML help files from folder
help/enor other supported language codes if installed. Download help from User Manuals - Beta Releases and extract the zip file to
.../Little Navmap/help/ento use the offline user manual.
Little Xpconnect Version 1.0.31
- Updated Linux build and removed unneeded dependencies to shared libraries. This helps to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
- Completely restructured build system to make all OS versions automatically in virtual machines running on Linux.
- Added scripts for generating announcement post and Github release drafts automatically.
These changes help to make more frequent releases.
See the included
CHANGELOG.txt or here online for a complete list across all versions.
All files are checked by VirusTotal.