Please do not hesitate to let me know about bugs, inconsistencies and ideas for improvement.
|Little Navmap using style
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 functions.
Airport, taxiways, apron, parking spots, approaches and navaids are visible.
|PACOTS oceanic tracks visible on map, tooltip and information view.
New flight plan calculation window opened.
|Multi-export configuration window open with context menu.|
- The data exchange protocol has changed. You have to update Little Navconnect (if using remote/network connections) and Little Xpconnect (if using X-Plane) too.
- Reload the scenery library database to see fixes and improvements.
- Translations are not updated yet. The user interface might be a mix of your local language and English. Map legend not updated. Feel free to send me an email or ask in the Avsim forum if you like to contribute a translation of the program or the manual.
- The online and offline manuals are not updated yet. Neither the English nor the translated versions. Help buttons and links are functional but point to placeholder pages. Map legend not updated. Ask in the Avsim forum if you have questions.
Notable Changes from Release 2.4.5 to 2.6.0.beta
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 support. Little Navmap detects MSFS installation paths, can read the scenery library,
follows user aircraft and can save/load flight plans also with procedures.
MSFS Limitationsin the detailed changelog for known issues. Star airports in MSFS get a five star rating in Little Navmap.
- Oceanic tracks: NAT, PACOTS and AUSOTS. Visible on map and can be used in flight planning as well
as for automatic plan calculation. See
- Multi-export: Export more than one flight plan format at once with just one click. Formats and
paths are configurable. See
Multi Export Flight Plan Options.
- Improvements to logbook: A log entry now gets track and flight plan attached which can be saved or shown in preview.
- Improved flight plan calculation. Can now calculate across regions which are void of airways. Can
use oceanic tracks, avoid RNAV airways and more options.
Calculate Flight Plan.
- Little Navmap now uses its own flight plan format which allows removing most of the warning dialogs. Flight plan saving and loading logic has changed completely.
- User can add remarks or comments on flight plan and flight plan waypoints. See tab
Flight Plan Remarksin
Flight Planningdock window. Right click on flight plan waypoint in plan table or map and select
Edit Flight Plan Position Remarks.
- Program suggests to create a recommended folder structure on first startup. Click
Do not show this dialog againand press
Cancelif you do not like this.
- Better map context menu with sub-menus for easier selection of actions if more than one map object is below clicked position.
- Replaced title bar information for mouse hover in elevation profile with tooltip window showing more information.
- User can now select font for user interface and map display. Options dialog on pages
Map. See b612-font for an open source font used in aviation.
- Free user interface language selection (if translation available). Change this in the dialog
- Fullscreen mode maximizes map on one click or key press of
- Save and load window layouts for dock windows. This also saves toolbar positions and the main
window size. See menu
Window. Layouts are saved separately for both normal and fullscreen mode.
- Optionally focus and raise dock windows or main window on mouse hover. Change this in
- Option to disallow docking windows from snapping back to main window when moving around. Can be
toggled in menu
Show all floating Windows.
- Many changes in user interface for more usability. Better error reporting for flight plan and other issues.
- Added new map display options. Text size and line width for airways, labels for measurement
lines, airport diagram features and more. See dialog
Map Display 2.
- Now reading and showing X-Plane frigate and carrier as AI.
- Many drawing issues fixed like disappearing lines near the date line, problems with procedures and symbols popping out at the map window border.
- Tear off toolbar button menus, e.g. for userpoints. Click the dashed line to move the drop down menu to its own window.
- SimConnect library is included now. A FSX SP2 SimConnect installation is not required.
See the included
CHANGELOG.txt or here online for a complete list across all versions.
All files are checked by VirusTotal.