This page contains changes for the current version only. See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete log.
- Translations are not updated yet. The user interface will be a mix of your local language and English.
- The online and offline manuals are not updated yet. Neither the English nor the translated versions. Help buttons and links are functional but point to empty placeholder pages.
- Included map legend updated (Map Legend Online).
- You might have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable on a fresh installation of
Windows 10. Most will have this already installed since it is needed by many programs.
You can get the Redistributable from the following download links:
► Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package 14.22.27821.0: 64 bit / 32 bit
Install both 32 bit and 64 bit versions if needed.
You can safely skip the installation if you get an error about a newer version already installed.
- Reloading the scenery library is recommended.
- Reinstall the Little Xpconnect X-Plane plugin to see bug fixes.
- Winds aloft forecast for display and fuel planning.
- Wind gust factor in airport weather symbols.
- Alternate airports for flight plan and fuel planning.
- Complete rework of logbook. Separated from userpoints and improved functionality.
- Permanent aircraft performance collection. Results can be merged any time. Improvements to fuel planning.
- Accurate fuel and time prediction in aircraft progress tab based on aircraft performance.
- Internal webserver. Access map and flight plan from everywhere.
- ILS tooltip and information.
- User defined final approach for vertical guidance including VASI and ILS slope at any airport.
- Preferred runway by wind for airports in tooltip and information.
- Nearest navaids and airports around a selected airport.
- Display holdings on map like traffic patterns.
- Two new map navigation modes: Click to center and navigation areas for touchscreens.
- Map images can now be saved with an arbitrary size.
- Hide columns in flight plan table.
- Can highlight full airways from information window
Maplink like airspaces.
- Improved airspace database. Added user airspaces. Assign online centers to airspace geometry.
- Movable and closable tabs. Tab menu button and context menu for tabs.
- Fixed all known procedure display issues.
- Display alternate fuel units and true course optionally.
- User features like range rings, holds and others can be hidden on the map.
- Error and warning messages in user interface have tooltip for more information now.
- Many user interface improvements and bug fixes for procedure display, METAR parsing and more.
- Tabs can now be closed and moved in information display, aircraft progress, flight plan and
search. #437 and #345
- A drop down menu in a button at the right top corner and a context menu on the tab bar allow to close, open and lock tabs.
- Tab states and positions are saved between sessions.
- Tabs are opened and/or raised on demand on info click or menu selection.
- Reset window layout also resets tab layout and reopens all closed.
- Now raising windows and/or tabs optionally on actions like e.g.
Set Destination. Also after loading, importing or creating a new flight plan, aircraft performance file or others. This should help to avoid confusion when creating new or modifying documents. This behavior can be disabled in
Raise related windows ....
- Moved map theme and projection into separate toolbar. This helps to avoid toolbar overflow on the right for the map toolbar.
- Changed default layout to use a bigger window which is also used after
Reset Window Layout.
- Added menu item to save all options and window layout. Menu
Save Options and State. #420
- Now saving full program state after changing options or style.
- Renamed dock window
Flight Planningand tab
- Changed user interface style to
Fusionas default on macOS since the cumbersome default style needs too much space for tabs.
- Fixed issue where table cells where initially not resized and appeared too large despite selecting a small font.
- Added display of SSL version into about dialog for easier problem diagnosis.
- Fixed issues where update notification dialog could not be closed.
- Replaced tabs in options dialog with list including icons and tooltips for better overview.
- Added option for high DPI high resolution display support.
Enable high DPI ....
- Added option to disable proposed filename when doing
Exportand file already exists. Dialog
Propose new name .... #433
- Added option to add true heading/course to all values in display in smaller font. This affects
all information, progress and tooltip displays.
Can be selected in
Show true course .... Useful for flying in areas with high or unreliable magnetic declination.
- Added option to ignore radio navaid declination when calculating magnetic flight plan leg course.
This is helpful if you use mostly GPS for flying and do not care about radials of VOR which might
have an outdated calibration. Dialog
Ignore Declination ....
- Other fuel units (kg/liter vs. lb/gal) can now be displayed in small font besides selected fuel
unit. This affects the fuel plan and aircraft progress tabs. See dialog
Show other fuel units too. #401
- Added new coordinate formats for display and reading: Plain latitude/longitude or
longitude/latitude numbers with sign. Can be selected in
Coordinates. Not that this also affects the order (lat/lon vs. lon/lat) when reading coordinates in dialogs if selected.
- Added options to change MORA grid transparency and text size.
Map Display 2. #343
- Added separate size option for airport weather icons.
- Added text display options for flight plan legs. Now one can select distance, and
true/magnetic/rhumb/great circle indicators. Labels indicating type will be shown and values will
be merged if equal.
Map Display 2->
Flight Planin tree. #365
- Added recursive import of OpenAir airspaces for user database from folder. #236 and #426
- New folder setting in options dialog for default airspace base folder and file extensions.
Cache and Files.
- Load airspaces from folder in
Load Airspaces ....
- Added switches in menu for airspace source databases and added separate user airspace database.
User can now choose between any combination of simulator, Navigraph, user or online airspaces.
- Removed online airspace button and function to copy airspaces from P3D to X-Plane.
- Removed option to read airspaces from
Documents/Little Navmapin X-Plane compiler.
- Made airspace databases independent of navdata switch.
- New folder setting in options dialog for default airspace base folder and file extensions. See dialog
- Added better error message about missing
- Added geomagnetic model calculation for X-Plane compilation based on current year and month. #300
- Resulting table is written into database when compiling scenery library.
- Showing error dialog about missing declination data. Falling back to world magnetic model if database is empty now.
- Added support for the new
gui_label3D attribute in X-Plane 11.35 and higher. This gives a more precise detection of 3D airports now which will be consistent with the X-Plane airport selection and can be used to hide
Empty Airports. #424 and #410
- Fixed display for transparent aprons in X-Plane.
- Fixed issue where FSX was wrongly selected on initial startup on Linux or macOS.
- Potential fix on macOS folder resolution problems that appear when using case sensitive file systems. #392
- Added support for X-Plane 8.33 kHz frequency spacing. #409
- Fixed crash that appears when using fsAerodata cycle 1905r1 or later. #413
Information and Aircraft Progress
- Added ILS map tooltip,
Show informationin map context menu and information display. #386
- Click on ILS shows information in
- Zoom to ILS on double click in map or selecting
Maplink in information display.
- Added offset localizer hint to ILS information if runway heading does not match ILS heading.
- Displaying ILS source for clarification in information panel. Either
- Click on ILS shows information in
- Added preferred runways depending on wind conditions to tooltip, airport information tab and as detailed table including runway surface and length to weather tab. #187
- Aircraft progress tab now shows red warning text for icing and insufficient fuel.
- Progress tab now shows orange warnings if fuel and time have to be estimated because of invalid aircraft performance or an invalid flight plan. Shows also orange warning text if fuel is below reserve at destination (needs valid aircraft performance).
- Now showing orange warning text if no active flight plan leg can be found if aircraft is too far from plan.
Simulator Aircraftshows gross weight as red warning text if heavier than max weight.
- Now displaying more fuel values and weights in alternative units as small text in information
window and progress window. See above in
- Added new tab to show nearest map objects around selected airport: One list with airports having procedures and one list with radio navaids. #344
- Added highlighting of whole airway strings from information window similar to airspaces. #348
- Highlighted airways as well as highlighted airspaces have tooltips now.
- Thickness of highlighted lines (airspace boundaries, airways, etc.) and text size can now now
adjusted with option settings (
Map Display 2->
Range rings, ...).
- Added links to FlightAware, Skyvector, X-Plane Gateway and OpenNav web pages in airport information which link to the airport information on the respective pages.
- Fuel and time prediction in aircraft progress tab is now based on aircraft performance (if available and valid) and therefore more accurate. Will fall back to an estimate based on current speed and fuel consumption if aircraft performance is not valid.
- Added message in weather information tab if all sources are disabled.
- Added support for alternate airports to map display, flight plan, printing, web server, drag and drop editing, all flight plan move, delete, edit and append functions as well as all relevant context menus. Fuel calculation considers farthest alternate in fuel calculation now. #230
- Added reset all function to quickly set up program for a new flight.
Reset all for a new Flight.
- Added dialog to show or hide columns in flight plan table. See context menu of flight plan table.
Context menu item
Select visible Columns.
- Added columns for true rhumb and true great circle course to flight plan table.
- Better messages about missing and invalid flight plan. Now adding tooltip to empty flight plan table space and header label with hints if plan is empty. Same for procedure search. This should help new users.
- Now clearly describing which flight plan legs violate altitude restrictions in tooltip of error message. #347
- Added warning if cruise altitude could not be detected when loading X-Plane FMS plan.
- Edit flight plan position now allows to use shortcut
Returnfor editing of user defined flight plan waypoints.
- Added missing region information (where available) for airports in flight plan table.
- Improved route description parser. Now using VOR if a VOR and NDB with the same name are close by
LOWI VIC FAL PRU TEA LIRN).
- Fixed crashes after dropping several flight plans into the main window for loading.
Flight Plan Export
- Added separate export menu item for X-IvAp since format differs slightly from IvAp. #395 Fixed more issues with IVAP export. Alternate airports are now pre-filled in online format export.
- Added TFDi Design 717 flight plan export format. #399
- Now omitting final DCT for flight factor aircraft export to
corte.in. Should fix loading of flight plans without STAR. #394
- Fixed Maddog X export to use correct file extension
- Fixed missing
=in cruise altitude for BBS Airbus export. #396
- Made loading of X-Plane FMS flight plans more tolerant for wrong
DRCTwhich comes from incorrect simBrief plans.
- Fixed issue where flight plan was saved in wrong format when exporting to clean PLN.
- Added flight plan table export to HTML page. #4
- Fixed issue when saving flight plans from airports with empty names which could crash Prepar3D.
- Added NOAA and X-Plane high altitude wind forecast (Prepar3D does neither provide a documented format nor
an interface). #283 This shows the NOAA wind aloft forecast which is updated four times a day and
is used as a source by most weather programs and simulators.
- Display of wind barbs for selected altitude, flight plan altitude and/or at flight plan
waypoints. Toolbar button with drop down menu or menu
Wind Levelsallow to select wind display.
- Tooltip on map shows wind for several layers when hovering over a wind barb. Setting for
wind barbs tooltip on
- Hovering over the elevation profile shows wind at position in the header line of the elevation profile.
- Fuel planning now considers high altitude winds. The manual cruise wind selection is still available and can be used to override the downloaded winds.
- Top of climb and top of descent and now adjusted for head- and tailwind.
- See menu
Wind Source, dialog
Files and web addresses for wind reports.
- Download and processing can be disabled in menu if not needed.
- Display of wind barbs for selected altitude, flight plan altitude and/or at flight plan waypoints. Toolbar button with drop down menu or menu
- Added display of gusts as red lines in wind barbs for airport weather.
- Fixed several METAR parsing issues related to no data like
- Now ignoring ASX weather files written for X-Plane and fixed excessive logging about missing file. #422
- Full NOAA METAR file is now downloaded to avoid time consuming single web requests for airports.
Weather display is now faster on map for NOAA METARs. Changed NOAA download URL in dialog
- Added option to change X-Plane
METAR.rwxpath to allow custom file, e.g. for remote setups across a share.
- Added error dialog if weather downloads fail.
- Added two options to fetch online center boundary from user airspaces. Now optionally looking
up geometry for online centers either by airspace name or filename. Falling back to circle shape
if not present. See dialog
Map Display Online->
Online Center Boundary Lookup ....
- Disabled wrong rounding of frequencies for online centers. Now displaying as given.
A7in online ATIS text now with line breaks.
- Changed AI and online network aircraft icon colors for better visibility. This is also reflected in the toolbar buttons. The aircraft icons can still be overloaded by the user.
- Enabled PilotEdge network. #388
- Fixed issue with negative heading display for online aircraft.
- Added option to display holding on map similar to traffic pattern. Holding can be customized
before adding to map. See map, search and flight plan context menu item
Add Holding at position. #326
- Added menu items and drop down button to hide or show user features like range rings, holdings,
measurement lines and traffic patterns.
- See menu
- Context menu items for range rings, measurement lines, holds and patterns are now disabled with a remark in the menu text when respective user feature is hidden on the map. You have to enable the respective user feature before you can add one on the map.
- Special shortcut clicks on the map like e.g.
Shift+Left Mouse buttonfor range rings enable display of the respective user features silently if hidden.
- See menu
- Traffic patterns and holdings have tooltips now.
- Added warning dialog before deleting all user features. Warning dialog can be disabled.
- Added small direction arrows for one-way airways which are shown in overview.
- Updated traffic pattern dialog with better table view instead of the simple combo box. Double click in pattern dialog now confirms dialog and adds pattern to the map.
- Now disabling all tooltips while doing drag and drop operations: Flight plan changes, dragging measurement lines and userpoint movement. #337
- Increased maximum number of map objects from 4000 to 8000.
- Disabled OpenMapSurfer since map is not publicly available at the given URL anymore, needs an API key and has download limitations now.
- Added required OpenStreetMap copyright message to map which replaces the Marble plugin which often gets into the way stealing mouse clicks.
- Added dialog to image export for files, AviTab and clipboard that allows to choose an arbitrary image resolution. This allows to export high resolution and highly detailed maps. A download timer allows to wait for online map updates to avoid blurry maps. #377 and #384
Click to center mapnavigation mode where mouse wheel zooms to center position. Also added new
Map Areasnavigation mode using click/touch zones on the map screen. The latter mode is helpful for touchscreen navigation. Both navigation options can be selected on new tab
Map Navigationin the options dialog.
Map Areasstill allows the classic navigation if clicking outside the active zones. #380 and #411
- Navigation aids like symbols, center cross and navigation areas for the above mentioned navigation
modes can be enabled in
Map Display 2->
Navigation Aidsin tree.
- Added custom, user defined final approaches made of final leg altitude and distance to threshold which allows to see the approach path including ground, VASI and/or ILS slope in the elevation profile. The custom approaches consist of an initial fix and a runway fix. #307
- Now removing all flight plan waypoints that overlap with procedure points when adding a new procedure for an already calculated flight plan.
- Fixed many procedure decoding and drawing issues: #406, #408, #379, #336 and #370
- Fixed procedure drawing for course/heading to radial termination legs.
- Fixed procedure issues with track from fix to DME distance legs and similar.
- Removed unnecessary intercept instructions at course reversal procedures.
- Fixes for display of manual procedure legs. Now connecting manual legs to next leg or airport using a dotted line.
- Now also drawing vector legs as dashed line.
- Fixed display of SID that start with an initial fix. Now using vectors leg. Example: ENSG EVNA1F
- Fixed issue where first course to fix procedure leg was missing intercept point.
- Fixed procedure decoding which wrongly used the final endpoint fix altitude as a restriction.
- Fixed several issues with runways from simulator database having no
- Moved user point information out of information tab
Navaidsand added separate information tab for user defined waypoints.
- Custom userpoint icons now allow SVG, PNG, JPG and GIF image formats.
- Added new default userpoint types VOR, VORDME, VORTAC, DME, TACAN, NDB and lighthouse.
- Fixed crash and missing updates in information window when deleting userpoints.
- Removed manual option to collect performance and introduced background collection which is running
permanently now. Tab
Current Performancein window
- New dialog for merging current performance at any time with collected aircraft performance or
another performance file. See menu
Merge Collected ...and menu
Open Aircraft Performance and merge ...
- Added new tab
Current Performanceshowing collected values.
- Renamed tab
New Aircraft Performanceshows edit dialog now to avoid confusion.
- Aircraft performance dialog now allows to switch between US and metric units independent of program settings.
- Added alternate speed, alternate fuel flow, minimum runway length, runway type and usable fuel to aircraft performance.
Fuel Reportshows a warning if usable fuel (new field) is not given.
- Changed aircraft performance editing dialog and split page in three tabs.
- Added aircraft state, required runway parameters and alternate fuel units to fuel report.
- Improved aircraft performance display without flight plan. Now showing basic information about aircraft like estimated range.
- Aircraft performance now uses cruise altitude from flight plan tab to detect if aircraft is in cruise state even if no flight plan is loaded.
- Fuel calculation now considers fuel to farthest alternate and falls back to cruise fuel flow and speed if values for alternate are not given.
- Added more error and warning messages if performance settings have errors or missing values.
- Now showing a warning if aircraft type does not match performance type.
- Top of climb and top of descent are now calculated considering the manual or real (NOAA or X-Plane) wind situation.
- Fix for invalid
Cannot Comply with Altitude Restrictionmessage. #417
- All keyboard shortcuts can now be used in search tabs from input fields or buttons. For example:
Enter an airport ICAO in the search field and press
Ctrl+Mto show the airport on top of the list on the map.
- Fixed issues in procedure search where runway selection did not show up when opening context menu above a leg.
- Keyboard shortcuts now working everywhere in procedure search.
Show in searchin map context menu now selects found items in search result table.
- Fixed issue where map objects were centered unexpectedly when follow mode was enabled for a search tab.
- Now showing warning dialog when enabling distance search and search center is not set.
- Added internal web server which can be started in menu
Tools. This shows a web page which has simple use cases for map display, aircraft progress and airport information with automatic refresh. The page can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone in the local network (you need to adjust you router settings to access it from the internet).
- Simple stateless protocol added to fetch map images and more. See directory
http://localhost:8965/test.htmlwhen running the webserver for examples.
- Allowing HTTPS/SSL connections to internal web server. An example private and public key for encrypted server connections is included.
- Added configuration for web server in option dialog on page
- Split logbook completely off from userpoints and added new format for entries.
- New main menu
- Added own search tab including edit, delete and create facilities similar to userpoints.
- Bulk edit for logbook entries available similar to userpoints.
- Selected logbook entries are highlighted on the map showing great circle line connection between departure and destination. Highlights have own tooltip.
- Added separate logbook entry tab in information window.
- CSV export and import as well as X-Plane logbook import (Prepar3D logbook format is not open and therefore unusable).
- Legacy logbook entries from the Little Navmap userpoint database can be converted to new logbook entries. Entries are shown in search after import including detailed error report.
- New main menu
- Added dialog for logbook statistics with overview, various group queries as well as export as CSV and formatted clipboard.
- Detection for takeoff or landing runway for logbook entries is now more error tolerant.
Little Xpconnect / X-Plane
- Added new X-Plane turboprop definitions used since 11.30 to better recognize aircraft and fuel type.
- Now using tail number from aircraft
.acffile only if the tail number from the dataref is not set. This helps to get the right tail number if add-on aircraft inject this manually using a script.
Build and Deployment for Developers
- Updated for Qt 5.12.4. Changed OpenSSL to 1.1.1.
- Linux compilation now uses system OpenSSL again and is based on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Added build for Travis CI. Thanks to Jannik for all his work!
- Complete update of project files to allow configuration with environment variables. Removed all hard coded paths.
- Added documentation about environment variables to configure build and updated build instructions
- Added template for Linux desktop file. Explained usage of Linux desktop file in
related from atools version 3.4.0.beta
See CHANGELOG.txt in atools project for more technical details. Relevant comments were added to list above.